The Honorary Grace and Grits Fund
The Grace and Grits Fund was established to honor the history, traditions, and culinary arts that have shaped the cultural landscape of the South Carolina Lowcountry.
Annual contributions from the Grace and Grits Fund are directed to organizations that support social diversity initiatives, after-school programs, culinary education, and underserved members of the local community.
Social Diversity and Unity
- The Waccamaw Unity Fund – Grants from this fund support both new and existing projects that utilize collaboration to address economic inequality and promote social justice in South Carolina. The board directing grants and gifts from this fund are diverse business and faith leaders among the community.
- The Woodson Center – The Center’s mission is to transform lives, schools, and troubled neighborhoods from the inside out. The Woodson Center works to identify and bring recognition and funding to strengthen the efforts of indigenous neighborhood leaders and organizations.
- Youth Connection Initiative (YCI) – Powered by Palmetto Cheese – Donate 6-8 laptops to local churches to provide youth connectivity and opportunity
- Teach My People – Providing after-school academic assistance, character development, cultural and spiritual enrichment, and physical activity daily to ensure that students succeed in school and life.
- Village Group – Providing youth development, literacy enrichment, STEM-based education, and recreation via after school programs.
- Culinary – Horry-Georgetown Technical College (International Culinary Institute of Myrtle Beach). This scholarship was established to encourage aspiring chefs and entrepreneurs in the Georgetown County School system to pursue their dreams.
Community Support Organizations
- Smith Medical Clinic – Providing free of charge medical care to residents of Georgetown County who do not have insurance and cannot afford to pay for medical care
- Friendship Place – Providing hot meals, job training, and shelter by working with religious groups, community organizations and volunteers